May 1, 2012
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – May 1, 2012 – Online broker TradeKing (www.tradeking.com) today announced a series of new enhancements to its TradeKing API (Application Programming Interface). The API is specially designed to help developers, partners and tech-savvy investors create highly-customized trading platforms and apps, delivering nearly unlimited possibilities for new trading experience for the firm’s more than 300,000 clients.
“Since we launched our open API last July, we’ve seen keen interest from the developer community in using the functionality to create new apps,” said Kevin Delo, Senior Vice President, Product for TradeKing, “We know no two clients necessarily want to trade in the same way, so our ongoing mission is to create an environment that supports innovation and customization. TradeKing has always been about providing tools that help clients trade in the ways that best suit their personal styles. The enhancements to our API further support that goal.”
The TradeKing API provides developers with the resources to create a wide variety of investor applications that integrate securely with TradeKing’s robust online trading platform. Key API enhancements include:
· Enhanced option quote and option chains calls.
o Developers can create apps that let investors pull a list of available expirations, strikes, or a custom option chain filtered by strike price range, expiration dates and option type.
· Retrieval of equity top lists during the trading day, such as top gainers, top losers, most active and highest volume.
· News displays through an API that requests news by underlying symbol or key words.
· Intraday pricing data for chart apps including one- and five-minute rollups of open, high, low, close and volume information.
· Real-time streaming market data for stocks and options.
o Developers no longer have to constantly make requests to get new quotes. Instead, quotes will stream directly into the app.
· Historical data by a date range for a given stock, such as daily open, high, low, close and volume values going back for six months or a year
· Event-based order status updates allow more timely status updates on any pending orders. Whenever the order executes, a message is automatically sent to the app.
TradeKing (http://www.tradeking.com) is a nationally licensed online stock and options broker offering simple, low cost online trading fees ($4.95 per trade plus $.65 per option contract).1 A pioneer in integrating new financial social media as part of its innovative online equities, options trading and fixed-income trading platform, TradeKing has received multiple discount broker awards from top industry sources and was rated best in customer service by SmartMoney2 Magazine, ahead of OptionsXpress, Scottrade, Fidelity, and TD Ameritrade. (June 2011 SmartMoney Broker Survey).
Follow TradeKing on Twitter at http://twitter.com/TradeKing,
Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/tradeking,
YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/tradeking,
LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/tradeking.
Options involve risk and are not suitable for all investors. For more information, please review the Characteristics and Risks of Standard Options brochure before you begin trading options. Options investors may lose the entire amount of their investment in a relatively short period of time.
TradeKing provides self-directed investors with discount brokerage services, and does not make recommendations or offer investment, financial, legal or tax advice. The content of this press release is provided for educational and informational purposes only, does not constitute a recommendation to enter in any of the securities transactions or to engage in any of the investment strategies presented herein, and does not represent the opinions of TradeKing or its employees.
Online trading has inherent risks due to system response and access times that vary due to market conditions, system performance and other factors. An investor should understand these and additional risks before trading.
(1) $4.95 for equity and option trades, add 65 cents per option contract. TradeKing charges an additional $0.35 per contract on certain index products where the exchange charges fees. TradeKing adds $0.01 per share on the entire order for stocks priced less than $2.00. See our Commissions + Fees page at www.tradeking.com/fees for details on commissions on low-priced stocks, option spreads, and other securities.
(2) TradeKing was ranked #1 in Customer Service in the SmartMoney June 2011 Broker Survey based on the following categories: Commissions and Fees, Mutual Funds & Investment Products, Banking Services, Trading Tools, Research, and Customer Service. SmartMoney is a registered trademark of SmartMoney, a joint publishing venture between Dow Jones & Company, Inc. and Hearst Partnership. Supporting documentation for any claims, comparison, statistics, or other technical data, will be supplied upon request by calling 877-495-5464 or via email at email@example.com.